Orders placed after 22nd May 2023 using Standard Delivery as their shipping option may not be dispatched until after the bank holiday, however we are working hard to send as many orders out as we can. If we are able to dispatch it this side of the bank holiday you will receive an email by 2.30pm Friday 26th May at the latest.
Standard delivery for perishable:
|Day Order Placed||Latest Date Order Shipped|
|Monday||Friday or the following Monday|
|Sunday||The second Monday|
· The above table indicates the very latest shipment date. If your order is time sensitive, you may wish to opt for the preferred delivery date option. Preferred delivery is available for a small additional fee and allows you to select your preferred delivery date.
· In busy periods you may find your order is shipped on the latest shipping date.
· The day your order is completed, you will receive a despatch notification that evening via email.
· The above delivery schedule will be impacted by Bank Holidays.
· Orders placed using standard delivery are despatched as first in, first out.
· Couriers are DPD and for some postcode, Royal Mail. Both are next day delivery services.
· Please note delivery days for the standard delivery option are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. During busy periods, we may deliver on a Saturday.
Standard delivery for non-perishable:
· Standard delivery for non-perishable items: If you order is for non-perishable items only, they will be sent Royal Mail Tracked 48 and will be processed for dispatch within 2 – 3 working days of receipt of the order.
Preferred delivery: During checkout, you will be able to select a date from the calendar that you would prefer your delivery to be delivered to you. Please note that this does not guarantee the delivery will arrive on that day as in certain instances orders may be delivered a day or two later. This option is available for a small additional cost of £2. Available delivery days are Tuesday – Saturday.
Preferred delivery is FREE to select for orders where the value is over £70.
Guaranteed delivery: This option guarantees that your preferred delivery date will be dispatched using a guaranteed delivery service. There is an additional cost of £10 (£24 Saturday) for this service. Available delivery days are Tuesday – Saturday.
Click and Collect; If you prefer to collect your order from our York factory, select this option during checkout. You will be able to select a day and will receive a 10% reduction off your order total for collecting from us. Please note, the latest time available to collect is 3.30pm, please do ensure you arrive before that time, or you can collect the following day. Collection days are Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
Standard Delivery is as follows:
- Free on orders over £35 (before any discount is applied)
- £6.90 for orders with a final value between £15 & £35
- £12 for orders with a final value below £15.
Preferred delivery for Tuesday – Saturday is an additional £2
Guaranteed delivery for day Tuesday – Friday is available for an additional £10
Guaranteed delivery for Saturday is available for an £10.49
NON – PERIShABLE ITEMS
Standard Delivery is £4.50 for all orders under £35.
GENERAL DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to have your order delivered on your preferred date or within our delivery service levels and achieve a 99% success rate in delivering to customers on their preferred delivery.
During busy periods, technical updates, or force majeure events, such as extreme weather, this may affect our ability to deliver on a specified day and will result in orders being delivered on a different date. In the event of the preferred delivery day not being achieved a refund for the cost preferred delivery will not be granted.
If you are ordering for an event, we recommend selecting a delivery date several before the event or select guaranteed delivery. Most of the products we sell can be frozen or can be kept for a reasonable period. If your event falls on a weekend, we recommend selecting the Thursday prior to your delivery day as a minimum.
- Delivery dates are available up to 30 days in advance.
- After an order is placed, we are not able to make any changes to the delivery option or the items ordered.
- During checkout, you can select standard delivery, your preferred delivery date or guaranteed delivery.
- Delivery days are Tuesday to Saturday. We cannot deliver outside these days.
- Delivery is not possible on Bank Holidays, or weekends that are sandwiched between Bank Holidays, nor the day immediately following a Bank Holiday.
- We provide next delivery day option up until 11.30am the day before our delivery days (Tuesday – Saturday).
DELIVERY PARTNERS & Order Tracking
We use DPD and Royal Mail as our delivery partners. We always use a “Next Day” service with these partners. However, “Next Day” does not always mean it will be delivered next day and in some cases may take two days for the delivery. Our packaging is such that it will ensure safe transit for at least 2 days.
Please download the DPD and Royal Mail apps and fill in the same email and mobile phone number that you use for your delivery information during our checkout. Please also enable notifications. This will ensure you will receive tracking notifications as soon as they are pushed through to the apps.
- You are responsible for providing the correct delivery address. If you fail to provide a correct address or partial address, your order may not be delivered.
- You are responsible for providing a correct email address and mobile number. If you fail to provide these, you will not receive the courier notifications or tracking information.
- You will receive notifications via email and text message. It is the customer’s responsibility to act on these notifications.
- You will be provided your one-hour delivery slot, via email and text message, on the date of delivery.
- Depending on your postcode, you’ll be presented with additional in-flight options:
- Requesting to leave with a neighbour.
- Requesting to leave in a safe place.
- Change the delivery date. NOTE – due to the nature of the product, we do not advise you change the delivery date for perishable goods. We recommend this only for non-perishable goods e.g. pizza steel.
- If your order contains perishable items, there will be an attempted delivery on the date the courier provides the one-hour time slot. If no inflight options have been provided, the driver will leave the order at your property. You are responsible for providing the driver with delivery instructions e.g. safe place location.
- Due to the nature of the perishable products, Great Balls of Flour and our courier partners cannot be held liable for items stolen after delivery or perishable items that have spoiled due to incorrect storage after delivery. This includes but is not limited to:
- Perishable items spoiled due to delivery delays caused by customers e.g. customers delaying deliveries with inflight options will not result in a refund or replacement.
- Stolen items as a result of the customer not providing a secure safe place location to the courier will not result in a refund or a replacement.
- Perishable items spoiled due to customer’s nominated inflight safe place location being unsuitable for perishable goods e.g. greenhouse, front door step in direct sunlight will not result in a refund or replacement.
INPUTTING THE INCORRECT ADDRESS
Please ensure you enter the correct address during the checkout and before completing your purchase.
If you need to change the delivery address, we can change this up to the day before the date of dispatch. After this time, we cannot amend it and your order may not be delivered.
Great Balls of Flour, and our courier partners, cannot be held responsible or liable for non-delivery or delayed delivery due to an incorrect delivery address being supplied. Under these situations, it will not be possible to provide a replacement order or a refund if you order contained perishable goods.
- We recommend you track your order using our couriers’ apps.
- We recommend using “What 3 Words”. This is a useful tool that allows couriers to pinpoint your exact location. Just find your three words and provide these to the courier through their app.
- If you are not in, we strongly recommend you select a suitable safe place for the courier to leave your order or select the option to leave it with a neighbour.
- If you opt for your parcel to be left with your neighbour, we strongly recommend providing your neighbour with instructions on how to then store your items e.g. remove from foil insulation bag and place in fridge.
If you cannot proceed with your order during the checkout process it is possible that your postcode is preventing, you from completing your order. As we provide perishable items, we are only able to ship to mainland UK, Wales, and parts of Scotland due to shipping limitations and to ensure minimum transit times for the products.
Here are some of the locations we currently are unable to ship to: Channel Islands. Isle of Wight. Isle of Man. Northern Ireland. Scottish Islands and certain postcodes beginning with IV.
FOOD SAFETY THROUGHOUT DELIVERY
We have extensively tested our packaging to ensure your order maintains a suitable temperature throughout delivery and we always use a next day service. In the rare event that your delivery is delayed beyond one day, our packaging and its contents including gel packs and insulated liners, ensure it will remain safe for an extra day.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH ORDERS AND DELIVERY
Upon placing your order, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and this delivery policy. The sale of our perishable items can only be cancelled up to the point that we hand over your order to our couriers. After this point, orders cannot be cancelled, or returned for a refund.